Monday, January 25, 2010

synthesis

While others spent their weekend in seclusion, on vacation, at church, I was shaken to bits for the long wait for replacement buses and got grilled about physiological communication strategies by well-meaning elitist souls who didn't have the clue that my job does not allocate time for heartfelt lectures on disease processes. I would love to only talk and write boring clinical briefs like all those nine-to -fivers rather than be bottom of the food chain. But I can’t do that. I want to leave room for patters of tiny feet in the future schedule. I know the job is regarded lightly by the very top. They instantly presume you’re dumb, timid and a pushover with no management skills. Au contraire. The best people I’ve worked with are the non-presuming lot. Not because they are not overly ambitious or too full of themselves but because they are genuinely sincere in their dealings with people. It’s because it’s through them that I discovered the most cutting-edge of views and opinions. I don’t see them have the time to read the best books, but they converse with a lot of depth. While the others moan superficially and bounded by their loyalties to the clique.

It’s still a challenge to navigate in these waters of thoughts, words and equations. Very few friends collect tomes of fiction or non-fiction or ignore the cover choices of Hello or OK mags, or let idle gossips or socializations run their lives. Too few, in fact. However, I regard those who are nice to me in the higher level. Who wouldn’t want a generous soul for a pal?

No comments: