Sunday, October 11, 2009

twinge

Reading news from home about the massive inundation and the catastrophic landslide induces a sense of sadness and bewilderment. Imagine the graves in one cemetery being uprooted and the bones and coffins flying around in a town in northern Luzon. It’s like a scene from a horror film. But the state of calamity is no mere movie. It’s hauntingly real. To those who have the capacity to extend help in any way possible. That would be an enormous step in nourishing the lives of those affected with a little bit of sustenance, with a little bit of comfort.

Due to on and off downpours in London for a week, I lost some of my digital signal. Not watching a few programs on the telly is not really the beginning of suffering but a sign for me to move around and extricate myself from the highly unproductive symptoms of couch potato syndrome. But I would still want to have my canned comedies back, and the movies, and the fitness channel. Alas, it takes a while for me to drool upon my visual feast. Nonetheless, there’s the music. There’s the book. There’s the internet. There’s this blog. There’s my portable tetris game. In the grand scheme of the universe, there’ s the little notebook to jot down a list and study it in detail.

No comments: