Sunday, October 18, 2009

harmonics

I love to see Aaron Eckhart in just about everything. He was my magnetic draw in Erin Brockovich. The uninterrupted glimpse of his chin dimple in Molly lights up the room while in The Dark Knight, I wanted him to be Batman. So if I’m Jennifer Aniston, a person with money but only has dogs for company, I would not hesitate to jump the bridge with him. Never mind if the love story is merely the glossy add-on to the main theme of overcoming grief. Euphony is a given in the sappy world. As someone who has been through loss and sadness you can never imagine, I could empathize with Burke Ryan (Eckhart) and Walter, the contractor who lost his son at his job site. Moving on is very hard to do. All the laughter are actually tears. Some people are even so insensitive enough in mutilating your fragile spirits by merely talking about what you’re missing in your existence. Eloise (Aniston) makes Burke sparkle with her alluring ways and propensity to doodle with highly-obscured words in tiny graffiti behind the paintings in the hotel's walls. Darn, if I can only remember those lexemes. The downside of a darkened cinema is the lack of a pause button.

No comments: