Thursday, October 29, 2009

noonday surf

Indulging myself in irresistible banoffee, I'm channel surfing movies ten minutes past midday. Channel 301 is showing High School Musical 3, I’m too old watching the adolescent antics of Zac and Vanessa. Channel 303 is providing the laughs with Mr. Woodstock and Sean William Scott in the lead role. Ok, not really my cup of tea, or a glass of sweet guyabano juice. Unforgettable on 304 has Ray Liotta framed for his wife’s murder. Dr. Seuss Horton Hears a Who on 305 is for family and kids. The Neighbor (2008) on 306 starring Matthew Modine in a romantic role sparked my interest. I’m a sucker for love stories. The 1962 version of Phantom of the Opera is on 307. Paint Your Wagon (1970) on 308 features Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin attempting to strike it rich in the California gold rush. Die Hard (the first one) on 309 do not need a detailed description. Lenny on 310(1974) Dustin Hoffman playing Lenny Bruce in an Oscar nominated role in a porous biopic of Bob Fosse. For a second Sean William Scott flick , I need not look no further than American Pie on 311 followed by American Pie 2. I always wonder why Chris Klein was absent in the second sequel American Pie: The Wedding. 311 is offering Star Wars in animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The third cartoon movie in this list is Only Yesterday, Hiyao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata’s animation for grown ups, with subtitles. Stalking Moon (1969) on TCM starsGregory Peck as an army scout retiring in Mexico. So many choices, nothing delectable, I think I’ll stick with another viewing of Without a Trace.

No comments: