Tuesday, October 13, 2009

facebook interchange

Facebook when used responsibly, is fun and quite handy in tracking and keeping up to date with friends from within our allotted circles to the cliques of our impressionable childhood and effervescent adolescent. Since I amazingly manage to inhibit my use to a minimum and invite and accept friends with some acceptable level of caution, I’m still relishing the log-in and the apps with the gusto of a dork in her natural habitat.

This article splintering the minutiae of facebook in enumeration type details emanates a cascade of enlightenment. According to the feature, the people in our facebook hood are the following : the chronic quiz taker; the jetsetter; the txt spkr; there’s the farmer, the typist, the mafia warrior; the Emo kid; the lyrics quoter; the significant other; the compulsive tagger; the chatterbox and the friend who is not exactly a friend. My friends who are part and parcel of the productivity brigade hardly fit the categories. I seldom log-in everyday only when I have the laxury of time in my favor. I don’t have the facebook app in my phones so I sporadically get to read the status updates. The favourable adjunct to facebook is that the contents of wall posts, tags and inboxes could be read in one’s personal e-mail that logging in becomes redundant. I have accumulated a lot of excess weight (as I’m being reminded by the few and merry on almost a daily basis) rendering the publication of my likeness a little bit tricky. Oh, to be thin and thin. But I’m grateful for all my friends in the network. They’re all very lively and generous. It’s still a thrilling jaunt from the sprightly past to the stirring present.

No comments: