Friday, October 28, 2011

to quote, to tweet



Easy A's  Mr. Griffith (Thomas Haden Church) has this to say about Facebook status updates.

I don’t know what your generation’s fascination is with documenting your every thought, but I can assure you they’re not all diamonds. 'Roman is having an okay day and bought a Coke Zero at the gas station.’ Raise the roof!”  (ignore the blatant product placement)

 
it's not only the generation twenty years younger than me.  it's mostly people who are mostly younger than me. i agree it's not all diamonds.  it's mostly to attract attention, with metaphors for "love me, define me."

the hubby enlisted me with twitter this october.  i only follow a few people  and i'm far from a pseudo-sleb, so mine is not a busy exchange.  i very seldom tweet, i mostly read other people's random discourses and usual moans.  the news stream keeps me sane during low points during the day.  julia stiles doesn't like to tweet. it's difficult with slebs because of authenticity.  meanwhile i'll read stepehn fry's take on twitter anew.

No comments: