Saturday, December 26, 2009

twenty fifth, twenty sixth

It has been a divine two days of bingeing and exchanging sweet nothings. Christmas is like Valentine’s Day, full of kisses and surprises. It’s totally corny. Now it’s time to chill and get ready for work. The headache is no longer a bother to my subconscious.

I’ve finished the book I was reading for months, learned a lot from its well-travelled author and his subject. It’s time to commence on an even thicker novel by a highly-celebrated young writer. It’s too bulky to carry around my backpack. But despite the inconvenience of its weight, it’s going to be well worth it. The previous book offered sharp enjoyment, fascinating vistas of the old world. This thicker one is from a younger perspective, a different upbringing, but shares an Oxbridge connection.

Been to Craven Cottage today. I enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. I was swearing left and right. I swear left and right on a daily rate anyway. This is just another day. All hail Gomes, Modric.

No comments: