Wednesday, January 12, 2011

bigger, fatter now

i'm even bigger and fatter now.
well.

july 07, 2006

fatty blues

there are times when some folks find it easy to dish out comments without thinking. i take into account when certain opinion-laden souls say i’m getting a lot chunkier the last few months. it’s probably because of my carbo-loaded diet or the fact that i sleep a lot. i became stagnant in march due to something tragic and producing teardrops slowed down my metabolism. but the days of my fast metabolic process are way over and it’s time to borrow some ideas from the janet jackson book of slimming.
it’s actually not politically-correct to tell others they’ve gained weight. or worse yet, they’re fat. but when it comes to me there is suddenly an exception. i’m built with a huge sensitivity chip, not very good in absorbing criticisms. thus my fear of people. because people judge. in the words of stanford blanche, "everybody judge. some people do arts and crafts, we judge."
at the moment it’s a struggle with the clothes. all my trousers pre-2006 no longer fit. i cannot work out in the gym as the social implications seem so frightening. and i love my share of spaghetti a week so switching to salads would be like suicide. a herbivore, i’m not, definitely. there’s the matter of my joint pains. it’s severe pain every hour of the day on every joint if i haven’t taken my tablets. my movement becomes completely static. i’ve managed the pain over the years; prolonged warm baths, painkillers and now somebody to help me stand in the morning.
gaining weight is mainly a downside to getting older. however the frequent transgressors have probably not heard of emily post. so i can appreciate the insouciance. i could ask who she is and i’m sure they’ll answer, "sino iyon?" or i’m just miscalculating their range. but why couldn’t they just say "hello," rather than their immortal favorite, "alam mo, tumaba ka?"

No comments: