Sunday, May 30, 2010

warm embrace


june is almost here and with that comes the household birthdays. my mom in law gave us the earliest birthday presents which is kind of sweet because i have to remind my brothers to send me cards. when my mother was still alive, ever thoughtful, she never failed to courier her greeting where ever i may be in the world. there has been a vacuum for the past two birthdays. i miss her poignant observations, intelligence and down to earth nature. she had a charming appeal that made her friends loyal. there's a dearth of people in the world who could converse in a variety of subjects other than the importance of their significance and their hollow, material possessions. but i will always be grateful for my mother for instilling the good hard values and the right manners.

No comments: