Wednesday, May 19, 2010

peri peri

I like Nando’s. Having been reared in the savoury taste of Bacolod’s chicken inasal, my taste buds are automatically in tuned with peri-peri chicken. As implied in the article, the fine dining class describe the Nando’s connoisseurs as uncouth, as it’s sometimes unavoidable not to use the bare hands in picking the chickens apart. That means those of us who hail from Bacolod and consume our unlimited rice and inasal in Manukan Country and other restaurants using the aformentioned extremities are considered uncouth in our manner of dining? Not using utensils while gorging food in a public space could never be endearing to the posh toffs who are obsessed with all manners of cutleries and all things potato. However, just like all the chicken houses of my youth, Nando’s is a lifestyle, a place of basking in the unfortunate extra calories, where I can satiate my hunger without creating such a dent monetarily. To hell with the one star.

No comments: