Sunday, February 14, 2010

technique, power

The Winter Olympics is an addictive tv fare. Four years ago, at about the same time as Sasha Cohen took the lead after the short program, I learned that I had to undergo induced labour after the mean Aussie scanner dropped the bomb. It was tough.

Cohen ended up with the silver medal that year and consequently hang her skates. She made a comeback at the Nationals this year but just missed out on an Olympic berth. The American ladies may not be red hot favorites this Olympic year after a long, long while but the men have a chance of a sniff of a medal. Did I just hear that Plushenko is back? I’ll write more about skating later. But first my heart is racing as I’m watching the Nordic Combined at the moment. And … France won with Jason Lamy Chappuis. Cute guy.

Next up is women’s speed skating, an exhilarating indoor ice sport. Even the biathlon is exciting. I couldn’t wait for the Alpine Skiing events and Snowboarding. A fairly even field, this competition in Vancouver. No one country will dominate.

No comments: