Monday, February 22, 2010

2010 bafta's

It was a mighty long speech from Vanessa Redgrave. But she’s such an icon that I could listen to her for hours. I’m not really surprised with the winners. The British Academy really went all the way local with their choice for best leading performers; the gongs were handed to Carey Mulligan in An Education and Colin Firth for A Single Man. I wasn’t surprised with The Hurt Locker’s accolade. I’m with this school of thought that those with the Received Pronunciation accents would ignore the hype and choose the film with depth and substance. Not that they are the authority on everything. I think giving the award to two of their own in leading acting categories is quite subjective and would not affect the Oscar results.

But the highlight of the event is the refreshing sight of Prince William. As I observe his tall and lean figure in the red carpet, shaking hands with the photographers and the crowd, his hair is foremost on my reckoning, it doesn’t really matter whether he has hair or not, he is still top notch in the looks department. Besides, what is essential is invisible to the naked eye. That is me quoting the beauty queen Ruffa, who quoted the The Little Prince.

No comments: