Saturday, September 19, 2009

tunes


coming out with albums within the week of each other, two of my chosen bands are rocking and blasting away with the goods. unfortunately in the fortnight, my listening skills would be muddled as the downtime is reserved for sleep. my focus would be geared mainly towards nursing the inner pain of the thought of waking up early to tackle the grind that put food on our table. nevertheless there would be no question that muse and pearl jam could produced the marvelous stuff, not merely by reading and listening to the sounds and lyrics of music past. but by sheer incantations of the instruments and steady, sometimes cracking vocals, words that bespoke of the joys and struggles of existence. by the power of their magic hands and fingers, the great bands could perform in jeans and t-shirts and the audience still be enthralled. yes, i’m still ranting about missing muse concert this year due to my unforgivable weakness for a soothing slumber.

2 comments:

fruslittleduckhouse said...

I missed Muse too when they fronted for U2 at the FedEx Field. I also blame it on my circadian rhythm. And the traffic set me back an hour longer than I intended to. Those Red Skins are not to be trifled with.

freezejas said...

muse is so in demand in europe that ticketmaster sold out every venue in half an hour. we woke up two hours late. front act is four songs. i wonder if they'll ever crack the US market. i'll go for muse rather than U2 anytime.