Sunday, January 20, 2008

cyber habitue

i reckon i would need a stint at rehab. i have an addiction. to halt this addiction, a dose of chlordiazepoxide isn't that necessary. but i would need to stop gazing as the damage to my eyesight has become palpable. i'm a cyber addict or my definition of a cyber addict. though i'm not in-depth with social networking as my facebook, multiply, myspace pages are barren, good only for raising comments on other people's blogs and photos, i couldn't stop googling the asinine to the saccharine during the available free time in my waking hours. or checking anyone who is anyone on wikipedia, including my friends. as if.

deciding to become merely an occasional lurker in one fan forum has been a good decision. it's hard work to read and backread anonymously as downloads are precisely way slower (the moderator wouldn't allow me to lurk without posting). but this unquenchable desire to take a dig at certain subjects has always been my kryptonite. to answer one ginger spice lookalike, i'm not a gossip. i hardly use my phone or e-mail anyone (paging friends to answer my e-mails), or squeal the latest schadenfreudes to my contacts. i read rags and reviews, coated scrutinies that lulls ordinary earthlings to sleep.

indoctrinated in the ways of the uncluttered, i have to spruce up the backlog of paperworks. and make a list. i know it's humdrum but got to explore and dichotomize that list and emerge from the shambles refreshed and rejuvenated, ready to blog stimulating ventures.

No comments: