Monday, January 07, 2008

blogging highs

the holidays are over. we've taken down the christmas decors. my husband and i welcomed the new year at work, gazing over the london skyline, watching with delight the frivolous fireworks. i'm still in the grind, still absorbing the weariness that continues until this week. then there's this void left by my parents. nothing could replace my trivial conversations with my mom. it's her birthday on january the ninth. i would evoke a day of silence, commemorating all her wonderful attributes.

just like my mom, i have this unfulfilled satiety for sentence structures. my idea of a good time have always been to nourish myself in the magical world of words. a bit dejected that i couldn't find time to meander in the stash i've stumbled upon in bookstores. i know a few days of respite and hibernation from the call bells would surely kick off my forlorn spirits. i hope as well that the writer's strike in america would come to an end soon. what's the next step for henry and betty? how many csi episodes have i missed? what's up with dr. house and his team?

although shiloh's mom still got nominated for the SAG awards, atonement and it's female lead star didn't get the nod. sure, i haven't been to the cinema the whole year and our stockpiles of unopened dvd's are accumulating. but in the words of the venerable sonia, thou shalt not comment on things you haven't seen.

No comments: