Friday, January 30, 2015

great moan, circa '15


Ah, writing is my one enormous passion. The downside is only a very few single souls in my circle likes to write, go in depth with creativity on their free flow essays and describe their study of the human condition. They like to post pictures on Facebook or moan on shout outs, is that the same? Even one of the guys (a sleb) who illustrates in detail his hopes and frustrations on the state of politics and pop culture has abandoned his blog for more than a year and concentrates merely on his Twitter account. He should have continued dissecting the state of affairs, our lives and politics.

But those who write are those who read. Maybe I'm in the indifferent circle, those who are blasé about words and sentences but certainly enjoys judging visual arts or pictures of your child growing up and photos of your travels to places they've never been or never will be able to reach as well as photographs of  parties you were not included because you're not likeable.  Anyway, in this era of  innovation, a picture of food is already a moment.

In my view, nothing beats the blog or a book. We should write in any language. I couldn't find my book of Hiligaynon love stories written by my friend's grandfather. I couldn't find my friend's first story book for kids. She self-published, which was amazing. I shouldn't have lost my copy.

One of these days .... my friends will write a screenplay. Or a novel. Wish, wish, wish.


No comments: