Friday, July 03, 2009

raging rays

it's july, the month of sun and rain in the northern hemisphere. i've been outside a lot the last few days, committing to running my own errands sans the much desired sombrero. i got sunburned last year in the beaches of sipalay and the marks are ever present to this day. as tropics born and bred, this is my weather, my light. my rationale is, the outside world could stare and stare but i'm going to seek refuge under the umbrella. i'm not into likas papaya and all that marimar, dyesebel, darna actress ( i prefer the well-mannered performers) type, i adore this color. since i'm already brown kayumanggi, the sun is there for phosphorescent, not for bathing and baking. my grade school years embossed an imprint of ultraviolet rays scare. as before it was between sun rays of one pm and and three pm, now it's from eleven in the morning and onwards. i was taught that seven to nine am sun is vitamin d. i still abide by that mantra inculcated by the grade five lectures not on hearsays heard though the gossip mill.

yesterday, for the blur concert, with the intense, unforgiving heat, i forgot my sunscreen and umbrella, rendering me a moany, whiny, angsty bitch through the process. i've definitely learned lessons in ways i could only concur from the deepest subtleties and intricacies.

No comments: