Thursday, March 06, 2008

blog editing task force

i was tidying up all my blog entries yesterday -- cropping up sentences, utilizing my dictionary and thesaurus with utter abandon to touch up a few cramped and redundant words i've been exploiting the last two years. i'm not sure when i'll ever be done. there are so many sentences and paragraphs that howl for changes and never flop to launch cringe-inducing moments. i've also been whining a lot. i've been grumpy since singapore. it's mostly about the constant stream of confounding behaviors (a blog title). being prostrated then ranting and screaming about all the abrasiveness in my blog is a caustic eyesore.

nevertheless the daily brush with the dark side is not all la dolce vita. my blog antagonists are not keen readers, thus they're being bequeathed the role of adversaries in the complaints section in these pages. the diaspora is not circumscribed to the club of bloggers, poets, storytellers, film buffs, wide readers, sports enthusiasts, postmodernists, cyberjunkies, rock band devotees, tv aficionados, electronic music nuts, rap music hip-hoppers, jazz geeks, classically-trained tellurians, straight-play theatre-goers, techie buffoons, it's an endless list. to paraphrase stephen fry in his dork talk column, not everyone is an all-rounder who can rival michelangelo. but most of them are aspiring chefs, party planners, jet-setters, keen shoppers, choir members, traditionalists. it's not prim and proper to judge others by my own limitations, as to mangle the words of director joey reyes. though if i have to embrace the art of the serial optimist, it would irrefutably make me even more galling to my eyes and that would be a more strenuous existence.

it took me forever to realize that my highly-amiable and erudite classmates from the free school system of my bacolod hometown do not hover much in such idiosyncratic gossipy toilings. i'm still astonished with my naivete. i was spoiled by the unfluctuating grind to broaden my turf as a youngster. probing farther and further, the etiology of the perturbed comportments stems from deprivation. a few tossers in my midst are in dire longing for refrain and modesty.

No comments: