Saturday, April 14, 2018

rest and hibernate

It has been a good rest. I have not done this in the past. I have never skipped a month without getting into the process of writing or pouring my thoughts on paper, these millenial times, on  screen.  I was bed-bound almost the entire February due to influenza (which I thought it was) or the cruelest cold ever and it was hard, an arduous, brutal attack of a virus on my human body.  I was weak.  I was off from work. I couldn't move.  I was in tears.  

I may have recovered physically but the scars, we are all familiar with cliches, are still there.  Or I am just being lazy.  

Too bad, my work schedule is more gruelling than ever. That's what I get for having a five-year old (my sweet child is going to be six this July, oh the passage of time), compromises at work, due to child care.  I am also going to have surgery to remove one organ from my reproductive system.  I'm so much older anyway and every time I try to drop by at shops and looking at inflated prices, I'm grateful of having only one child.  University fees, be damned.  I will never have an income to sustain comfort.  Hope the surgery would not be keloid-forming physically and psychologically.  

Regarding my fix on social networking services, I have not updated my Facebook page in many years.  With the founder being grilled by Congress, the uncompromising reality of how companies handle our data has never been so frightful.  My philosophy is less is better.  That statement though would not work on my daughter, you tube is basically her life. 

Speaking of social media, I have been successful in ditching vloggers at present.  Say is sweet.  But she has choices I don't find heartwarming. So, I bailed.  Does that mean I believe in the charms of the good girl?  Good girls are sacrificial virgins who are always the protagonists, Cinderella to wicked stepmothers, Snow White to the poison-bearing Queen, you get my drift on Disney princesses.  No, I don't think pure-virginal types exist in reality.  They just pretend to be pure-virginal types but deep down, they are more manipulative than Rapunzel's fake mother. So, I'm skipping reality-tv on you tube these days. 

I am  back to watching Korean dramas, after 16 years and there have been changes to technology and the explosion of Hallyu in the world. But that's it for now, whatever eases my solitude. 







No comments: