Thursday, January 09, 2014

January Nine anew





Today is my mom's birthday. I haven't been to her grave in years. I haven't been home for years. I miss our pop culture discussion. I haven't met anyone who is as smart, beautiful and well- read as she was in all dimension.

Most people I know don't read as much as she did and I would find it refreshing to be in an environment composed of friends who dissect the issues and the turmoils that affect our existence. I know what she'll say about the calamities, political storms or the kernels with the family. I wonder what she'll make of Twitter. A few broadcast too much maelstrom in their lives. She had great appreciation for significant achievement.

She did a lot of multi-tasking which proved catastrophic to her health. If only she'd tackled her chores slowly, in contemplation, she would still be here. But as days go by and age is becoming just a number, I appreciate now more than ever, her many enduring qualities.

No comments: