Sunday, January 05, 2014

a sigh, a big sigh








I have plans for my dirt poor January existence. The month where it is still dark at 7am and we're short on loose change.

If hibernating and staying indoors is a good strategy then that would be the scenario. But then I've done that in 2013 and not necessarily 2012 (there was after all the Olympics) and I'm still left bereft of motivation to organise the compartment in a neat and orderly fashion. In terms of reading, I haven't finished a paperback and the free papers are stacked in a corner for weeks before I have the chance to scan through the articles.

Probably, I would lessen my web trawls but it is through lurking on Google that we learn in depth about facts and figures. But knowing that the West mostly view my people and sometimes my continent with derision, I just have to live and exist, I can sense that through waiting for replacement buses when the tube is closed for engineering works on a rainy weekend or just by hobnobbing with friends and family in general or simply picking up the pervading attitude when talking to people. Racial bias exists, whether in a busy metropolis or in a sleepy town along the commuter belt.

No comments: