Sunday, October 27, 2013

so fat, so far


I reading a write up about a prominent lifestyle journalist doing triathlons and it jolted an epiphany at this very juncture. I eat a lot. I don't exercise. I have a siesta twice a week. My blood pressure suffers in the process. Although I haven't checked my BP for such a long time.

I carbo load -- such a sucker for ice cream, cakes, pastries, bread, rice, cookies. I would gobble each of the Great British Bake Off creations. I don't even bake. I cook (not on a daily basis). But bake. I have to take some lessons from Jan (she, who went to Cancun) on how to operate a mixer. Gluttony is a deadly sin, thinking of the bad cholesterol and the onset of diabetes by merely consuming rice.

But

I like carrots.
I have mostly arguments with salad when I know that green, leafy vege is not the enemy.




No comments: