Monday, June 17, 2013

hope it doesn't rain




but the weather forecast says otherwise. the whole week, on my birthday on Thursday, during the summer solstice, it's going to be wet. as if the winter wasn't already freezing.

while last year, it was hot, sun shining and my baby shower guests screaming for electric fans. but we cannot actually create throwback Thursdays on any given day. rain it is, and just bask in the cooler air, my get together invites.

two years ago, after gallivanting at Tate Britain, there was also rain in the afternoon when I turned 37.

as I stand on the threshold of another decade ( 40 next year, how cruel), do I feel old? some people my age, are already grandmothers and I still feel youthful yet hoping I have learned my life's lessons. I want a few laments during the day. but as the people we hobnob and cross paths with do not come with handheld controls, that's quite hard.

baby girl and her cuddles though permeate warmth.

No comments: