Monday, November 05, 2012

thanks, murks






My second grade classmate (with gaps in between, until high school), Murky, sent me a package of various items a week ago, just a pair of slippers (above), a pair of trainers, a Ralph Lauren sleep suit, all for baby girl. And a top for me. Realising that we haven't seen each other since secondary school graduation (more than 21 years ago), all I can mutter is "she's really sweet." A few BFF's couldn't even return my text or text me without prodding or email me back for formality's sake or take time to surprise me with a few words. While Murks answers mails in a jiffy. And based from her timeline, she spoils her Facebook throng with updates. Three active children with energy-deflating school runs and activities, living in Maryland, thousands of miles away from her family do not wither her spirits.

Some people couldn't help but be good natured. Murks was not only a preeminent soprano in our award-winning elementary school choir (not to mention her church choir) but she's a grizzled arts and crafts practitioner. The trinket she sent me during my last birthday was very thoughtful. So, in earnest I've been fortunate to have met Murks when were eight. I wish her all the Hallmark moments in life. She deserves her beautiful family.

Of course there are others who are quick on their touch screens to perk me up from the mundane -- Honey, Zany, and Ryan. Let's add Julie as well.

No comments: