Thursday, November 08, 2012

set in snow





Felicity Jones, the incandescent actress from Cemetery Junction, has the title role in Chalet Girl, one of those confections, where the ending is all-apparent when the film is only in its planning stages and the script is not yet written. I only checked this frothy meringue because Like Crazy, a love story with tears and emotions, feted in Sundance, was showing on Sky last week and a quick review of Miss Jones filmography revealed that Chalet Girl, whose preview trailer I encountered while I sat in a darkened cinema in Marble Arch, also stars the Oxbridge lass. Even if it was already shown on digital telly over and over, I simply didn't recognise it was the same leading lady as in Luise Miller, the play staged in Donmar Warehouse summer of '11. I tried but couldn't acquire tickets for that performance. Donmar, yeah right, with its capacity for ten people. Still wondering how I landed tickets for Life is a Dream.

Chalet Girl also stars Ed Westwick. I haven't seen a single episode of Gossip Girl (I'm not the target demographic) so I have to compare his English accent with his Chuck Bass drawl on you tube, concluding of not spotting a tint of difference. Or I'm just too daft to detect a variety in phonetics. I'm impressed with Jones' snowboarding skills. Despite not being the female Shaun White off cam, with a few lessons, she could certainly pull off competent snowboarder on screen. The views of Austrian snow is breathtaking and I've decided for this winter and the next, I need more colorful willy hats.

No comments: