Saturday, September 17, 2011

fine, you're bored

It's a good thing I was never a fan of the premise and catch this in cinema. Because from my perspective, Eat, Pray and Love is painful to watch. Billy Crudup is  reduced to ugly and spiteful. I mean, hey casting director. Billy Crudup is a hottie.  How daring of you.  This review is correct. Whine, Whine, Whine should have been the proper title.

I don't get the protagonist Liz' (Julia Roberts) complaints. It could have just been getting divorce and embarking on new adventures, writing and getting paid for it. Unlike us working ants.

I know too well the lure of travel, to engage in speaking fluent Italian, to soak up a new culture and achieve enlightenment.

Mostly it's for the rich and privilege.  Those of us who have to work for food can't afford a gap year.

No comments: