Thursday, April 14, 2011

ah, the eye and shoe


i broke my left shoe walking from seven sisters to white hart lane on our last champions league night for the season. the entire sole - insole, midsole, outsole began to separate from the vamp/upper part of the footwear midway through the walk. never been so grateful for the little shops selling all kinds of tapes and school and office supplies along the way. i'll be saying my goodbye to my favourite pair of pumps later today. but note to self, i should have worn trainers and never wear sandals to sports events.

there was no joy in our (tottenham hotspur) two-legged quarterfinal clash against nine-time european champions real madrid. one bright spot was my seat at the south upper courtesy of Tyrone who booked my ticket. after climbing all the way up to the heavens in our away seats at the San Siro in Milan and taking the escalator to watch the first leg at the Santiago de Barnebeu in Madrid, it's a welcome change to see the players a little bit clearly. the humble size of WHL allowed me to decipher christiano ronaldo from xabi alonso and be closer to the spills and tackles of sergio ramos.

the great tragedy of the first leg at the bernabeu was not the sending off of peter crouch but me not realising crouch was sent off. was someone blocking my way? i blame it on my eyesight. i need an eye test pronto.

No comments: