Monday, July 26, 2010

shifts

There was a drizzle this morning at nine o'clock. It wasn't that bad though, since it's still officially summer, the temperature is manageable. The English rain has never been overpowering anyway. The sun is setting early these days and before we're aware of the seasonal shift, it's December and we're balancing in a pile of snow.

However the two events in August are foremost in my mind. First the christening, it's not the most cozy place to be amongst babies and kids while I struggle emotionally with all my failed pregnancies. But babies are kind of cute, the thing that hurt the most are the sight of others parading their bumps and I'm not even talking about crack whores in this situation. It's like I'm being punished for being such a bitch but I speak softly and carry a big stick.

Next event is the wedding. Its not that horrifying, I just don't know the happy couple that well. I'm doing my husband a favour here, he wants to attend because of the invite. I can't change his mind. The western fiends may not say it loudly, but their mindset would embrace the idea that people from the third world must be lowly, unworldly creatures who may not know how to read and write. There's certainly a hierarchy within the G8 and the rest of the world. The status quo shouldn't adversely affect our self esteem.

No comments: