Sunday, July 04, 2010

Cleo

There hasn't been a film on the telly that took my fancy during the fortnight. There was an afternoon glimpse of Cleopatra starring Liz Taylor, Richard Burton and Rex Harrison. But it was almost five hours long. As a motion picture, despite supposed glamorous costumes, it feels like an empty five hours of nothing. Perhaps since I only saw five minutes of the flick, I should postpone my opinions for later. However in those precious five minutes, it wasn't impressive enough to convert the glimpse into a viewing or I was in a hurry to make my appointment. Maybe the next instance it comes up I will form conjectures, that is when I actually have five hours of precious free time. Despite the flak from all corners, it genuinely has a good review from the New York Times.

No comments: