Sunday, August 02, 2009

hometown dispatch

These are the last days of summer. July was more about downpours. Hopefully August would offer numerous delightful options. Although that's kind of impugnable as the Met already predicted more rain, I would always indulge in these warmer temperatures. However sometimes I get ticked off with just a little nod in the wall thermometer scale. Then Adam Smith’s wealth of nations comes to mind, making me wonder why the temperate zone countries have so much power financially and politically. History and Social Studies were favourite subjects when I was in school. Getting into a debate in class was such a high. Along that train of thought, I am thinking of tita Cory and how she was this person of interest in those civics discussions. I heard arguments yesterday regarding her legacy at work and how I agree with Sophie. Arnel, my friend’s husband, had an honest facebook shoutout yesterday but he was blocked by the opposing voices through the backtalk box. I will just probably read this book again.

While the commotions about CJC becoming national artist is utterly deserved. Obviously, there are tons of strong reactions in the comments sections of newspapers. This blog is thoroughly riveting in its depth. This is not about elitist bourgeoisie crap. I may not have seen the the lilian velez story : till death do us part. But I know that art is supposed to be sacred.

No comments: