Tuesday, April 07, 2009

holy week

in a hurry to accomplish tasks right this instance, i have to think fast on my feet while setting the screen alight. the attainment of my to-do list is always impeded due to my lackadaisical ways. there should be laws against drifting off in the middle of the day. there are distractions all around-- i'm flipping over books and magazines to read and checking up the shows on comedy central uk. i'm poring over the non-existent menu for this week. it's holy week, but all they think over here is easter, part of the multi-cultural milieu. i remember in the old days when thurdays and fridays were bereft of tv signals and it was all about going to church and getting the good view for the processions. i cherished those moments with my lola dels and lola cel. i was probably the only grandchild who sat in the pews at the church in luzuriaga street ( i coudn't believe i have to google the street). butch was sometimes there but it was mostly me. my lolas were graced with benevolent hearts and shimmered with such beautiful souls. i couldn't forget the clothes, the food, all the stories at bedtime and the boundless care and devotion they've showered to me and my brothers. in their ways, i hope my two youngest siblings would also enshrine their memories just as they honor our parents.

No comments: