Tuesday, January 20, 2009

mixed bag

writing blogs, as it often does, never fail to resurrect my dilapidated spirit from stupefying stupor. but it's such a hindrance when i couldn't construct sentences as fast and as frequently as i want, as my workload would only allow a few traces of downtime. television has been great company. still avoiding E! but a few glimpses of the delightful reality programs has kept me enraptured to the consumer driven lives of their protagonists. life is so much greater when one is rich and famous but to think about the number of people in the payroll --- the assistant, the agent, the make-up artist, the stylist, the bodyguard, the press relations officer, the butler, the gardener, the nanny, the driver, the chef, the housekeeper, etc. the amount of staff in the entourage guilelessly bewilders a non-people person like me.

flaunting my threads in the wintry air of central london, biding my time for summer, a lot more visits to the cinemas would be forthcoming this year or i would follow through my usual, miss the theatre run of a must-see film anew and wait for the dvd or blu-ray release, giving the large screen features entirely a miss. yet i'll be a dutiful spouse and catch the wrestler, get my hands dirty and paint a wall because i have no choice. revolutionary road or not, dicaprio is no mickey rourke.

living in a vacuum where no else is a sports fan aside from my immediate family may not have been an ideal existence but it's still a sustainable environment in the universe of various condiments. although i always wish it could be different and that there would be more enthralling topics for regular murmurs rather than the run of the mill gossips or at least a few more pop culture subjects. it's fine that the blue ladies may pay homage to nadal, federer during the wimbledon fortnight. but outside that continuum, from lance armstrong to bode miller to carlos sastre to valentino rossi to the biggest market in the sports world which is none other than football, interest is close to nil or nothing at all. better an armchair fan or none at all?

these days the scales are my enemy, stemming from my typing these very words, not balancing my meals and stagnating in sweets and oil. i'll be using proper cliches soon once i manage to powerdance. i'm such an avid procrastinator, it hurts.

No comments: