Friday, November 21, 2008

calming the storm

triggered by anger and endless exasperations, my temper used to overwhelm the members of our household as a kid. my dark side consisted of flying objects. i once alienated a short-lived infatuation in one water tantrum moment and high school was never the same again. several years later, after my mom's stroke, i became subdued and got turned off by confrontations. or any raised voices for that matter, especially now at work. but there's this pull of libertad, that's the market for our food in my hometown niche. every seller especially in the fish section display his/her lung power in order to sell the wares, thus born the cliche of my school life.

now as i'm slowly inching closer to the scary age, i'm transformed into the calmer version of my old self. there are still the occasional frozen shoulders and the always present ramblings of profanities under my breath and times when i shake my head every moment shreks behave like reigning monarchs or uptight bitches. but i remain stoic and controlled, or become too serious, i don't lighten up even one bit. all hail then to letlet and others like her --- those hilarious streaks provoke every inch of smiles and laughter.

No comments: