Saturday, August 16, 2008

the baby album

i'm still in a quandary whether i made the right decision. should i have uprooted my baby album from our family house? heavily tattered by years of wear and tear, i had to re-package my first collection of photos into a new picture anthology, still preserving my mom's legacy by retainingher lovely captions. my baby book with all the vital informations is still with the youngins. the photo above was during my first birthday held at my lolas house. my titas one and two were starting grade six and tita ais was in high school. my lola cel and dels, my mom's aunts, took the place of my maternal grandmother who passed away two years before i was born. with the outpouring of emotions, i miss my lola cel and dels terribly.


a bit of nostalgia has bitten me when i was repairing my album. this is me with my tita jon, my mom's cousin. she's my brother butch's godmother. she was only 19 in this photo. the last time i can recall any conversations with her was during her wedding way back when i was eight. she has settled in new jersey since the 80's and and because it's not exactly next door, i can't remember seeing her again. but her kids, especially the younger one, i reminisce with remarkable fondness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya manang Shivaun! I hope all is well. This is Francis Andrew from the States, your Tita Jon's youngest son. I keep hearing stories of how you took care of me when I was baby. Not that I can remember that time period, but I am grateful. So a little recap of me since we haven't seen each other in like.. ever - I'm already 21 and a graduate from college. I was training as a digital artist and majored in animation and game design. I have an online art gallery you can check out at http://bludrgn426.deviantart.com/gallery/ . Mom thinks it would be a cool idea for you to visit us here. My email is at francisacupan@gmail.com . Feel free to message me any time.

Just caught the end of the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. Looks like they'll be heading towards your neck of the woods next, huh. They sure have a huge show to follow after Beijing's crazy ceremonies, lol. Talk to ya again, later!