Saturday, December 15, 2007

wintry glares

this time of the year is always a rush. i'm not talking about christmas shopping. it's the season of long nights and short days. i'm always in a rush to catch daylight. the layers i have to wear get my ire and they're always not enough. as a tropical country oldie, i'm cold. not freezing cold, but it's frosty.

bracing myself for an atonement sweep in the BAFTAs, the golden globe's announcement ushered a brand new awards season. i have this habit of not snuggling the projects of actors who aren't in my slumbook list -- keira knightley, brangelina, cb, etc. though reading that one half of the brangelina duo snared a nomination is a bummer, i do what i do best, look the other way and admit the power of their tabloid machinery which is espoused by one fan too many.

it's just human nature to take sides and not like someone, especially when it comes to celebrities, or politics or sports. i don't like roger federer, one bit. or any other nba team aside from the lakers. being partisan constitute our personality structures in this world and that's way better than not having a choice at all.

i'm dreaming of the sun and white sand beaches.
if only....





season's greetings!

2 comments:

fruslittleduckhouse said...

sweetie, by the way I received your card EXACTLY on the morning of my birthday. how perfect. you're most welcome. thank you for your sublime & hilarious blogs. thank you for inspiring me to write. thank you for being my friend. unfortunately, i'm in team brangelina. sorry. i have fantasies about getting their recommendation when i apply for a job in the UN. and maybe they might just set me up to be clooney's beard. and my nephews might get to play with maddox, pax and kingston. hahaha. happy christmas! regards to ant.

freezejas said...

don't worry, joy. though i feel like my job is working for the UN, applying my touch to all these multi-cultural confinements, caring for the egos of the dark continent. i don't think they're grateful to brangelina or to the UN for that matter. thanks for the comments. i sent only a wee bit of a christmas card.