Saturday, November 19, 2022

Wow, a year!

Being so overwhelmed the past year with all the errands, mandatory training, my daughter’s challenges in music and academics plus trying to live with the pandemic? I find the daily manoeuvres daunting.  To think, we work less days now for those of us who do shifts. 


During the past year, Park Shin-hye got married and gave birth.  She could have accepted acting projects in 2021 but she opted to do nothing except a few adverts ( golf and real estate in Busan) and planned her pregnancy and wedding.  We all need our personal space, really.  After giving birth and staying in post partum center which is a place for mothers to go after giving birth. Are post-partum facilities only a Korean concept? I don’t see her endorsing any brands any more such as Swarovski or the likes. She totally just rested, not doing any work. Well, hope she enjoys this kind of life, this break from the spotlight. Would still find the passion to go back to acting or being in a set? 


I know my voyeuristic attention to a few celebrities may be a bit vacuous. As fans we are their meal tickets and we are fascinated by the images they project.   Same as my friends in social media, in my eyes they are in the same level as the celebrities these days.  As we only hear from them through their social media pages, could they still be called friends?  They have such well-curated pages I could never live up to their aesthetic. 


Like I could never live up to the prolific posts of any of my friends, I tend to shy away from social media.  Even in writing, I could not keep up with the updates.  Maybe it’s all due to the easy access to viewing shows and videos on the hoof. But it keeps the sanity in such humdrum existence. 

No comments: