Friday, August 03, 2018

post-op

My second general anaesthetic was harder than the first, for the significant amount of dizziness and detritus associated with huge doses of opiates. After three weeks, I'm still in pain especially after exertion and  I'm such a scar former, that the discolouration makes me dig deep for cebo de macho (where do I find cebo de macho in the Western Hemisphere?).  

I wouldn't be able to push any prams anymore. There's nothing harder than pushing prams or hoping beyond hope for childcare. Not only child care requires favours from friends here and there, it requires the bulk of time, energy and expenses. The resources are stretched beyond limits. 

I was also told I was fat.  I couldn't move hence I couldn't exercise and I love carbs. But I reckon, the young doctor was just young, he actually said healthy, nonetheless, only the gossip-laden, surface- interesting person would not get the sting behind the ubiquitous word. Let's see when we'll get better.  By better, I mean back to the heavy lifting, daily ten-thousand paces and intense-cardio. Fine, I didn't actually do intense-cardio or daily ten-thousand paces. But close.

No comments: