Monday, June 19, 2017

adjective for me

I know there had been blatant terroristic attacks and a towering inferno in this dynamic city of London of late.  But being called weird by Bong infiltrates the consciousness.  Am I that bad? I do give and generate a lot of side eyes. I tend to hibernate a lot and distance myself from a lot of antagonistic vibes. I blank people out. I don't overshare on social media.  

There are words I particularly don't like.  A few Tagalog words I couldn't stand.
When I think of the Tagalog word "abot," my sense of space is near.  "Paki-abot, mo nga sa kanya."  In English, it becomes, "could you hand it to him/her?"  But when you're from a neighbouring unit, it's not near anymore.  You have to walk for the "abot" to occur.  What if I'm not there? Then you have to make "bilin."

In addition, the "I'll hand it to you, " sentence reminds me of "I'll hand in my essay."   There is also "I'll hand in my notice/resignation." It might have been a matter of preposition.  But essays with their corresponding sources and references really breaks me into parts.  That any words relating to its submission never fail to fill me with dread.  

Yes, Sir, I complicate things.  Not only is Life is Complicated a Hollywood movie title.  But we need to give our cerebrum a workout.  It is in thinking that we sharpen our minds.  Debates are the fulcrum of society. Name-calling or trolling a person speaks more about the troll than the one being trolled.  In this age of showing off in social media, it seems de rigeur to make people feel bad about themselves.  We. could all be nice.  But we'd rather not?  GGSS?

No comments: