Friday, January 27, 2017

chapped lips

Politics has been such a disappointment in recent times.  The vote reflects the will of the people.  Voices blurt out that the media is biased towards liberal thinking.  But I reckon it's just because they think ---- the writers read before they can write.  They look at the issues and percolate their thinking to come up with such coherent thoughts.  If we don't read or watch any kind of discourses on issues, our mindset would become prejudiced, we won't become open-minded. 

At the tail end of 2016, I read a few history bits, reading a lot of Ambeth Ocampo and other historians.  I continue to do more reading this year.  I don't watch telly these days, not a single show.  Maybe I'll look at iplayer and see the documentaries.  History again. I read stuff on trivia, on politics of the past and of prominent women in recent past.  I read of Rizal, his women and his execution. I should read more.

Now as my lips are peeling, January weather kills and peels my lips bit by bit, I try to remain calm and cool despite the adversity of my anger.  Now, beauty sleep.  


No comments: