Saturday, December 31, 2011

the dizziness factor




my middle brother tied the knot yesterday at 2pm Philippine time in a wedding replete of trimmings of a full entourage including an arrhae bearer. i couldn't sleep a few hours before or after that, i had the worst dizziness possible which made me snooze during daytime. my whole month is all about nausea and dizziness. i'm mostly horizontal and feeling sick (more about that later?).

i asked my youngest brother to take pictures and he said yes. aside from him, three of my cousins were part of the entourage; meg, cheche and jovelle (joseph). i don't know them well. i'm the oldest cousin from both sides of the family. they're like a generation behind, the internet, cellular phone generations.

i was trying to ring the youngest brother during the reception, it was out of the coverage area, in a hotel right at the center of Bacolod. i had coverage in nowheresville Oxford or Kent or Cambridgeshire during one of those Spurs weddings. hours after the celebration, my youngest brother e-mailed me that since he was the best man, he couldn't take photographs. not even from his table, not even at any time?

i was mulling over the fact that i should have asked our helper. she could have done me and my brother Butch a favor. i can't talk to tita Kay on the phone. maybe i should have widened my family net and include others i don't see anywhere growing up. or go home and organise a family reunion without the chutzpah, just full of humility? or loosen the purse strings a little and distribute a few gifts?

if only mommy is around.

No comments: