Saturday, November 05, 2011

half and half

once of these days i will try to interview kids who grew up outside of RP, not necessarily multi-racial, just raised outside the pearl of the orient seas who had to go through a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment, knowing that their parents or one of their parents had a kind of different upbringing. 

darren criss is half-filipino.  i hear him sing tony's song something's coming on glee, i feel goosebumps.  west side story is one of my favorite movies.  that's how camp and gay i am, babe and i mean my babe. criss' version is even better than jimmy bryant's, the voice singer of the film.

aside from making his broadway debut,  replacing daniel radcliffe in how to succeed in business without really trying for a limited run. darren criss now models for uniqlo, the brand that keeps me warm.


and as a word and adjective, with its resonance and timbre, i like convivial.

1 comment:

fruslittleduckhouse said...

I loathe coming to those parties as a constant. The littlest doses possible for me and only for those I have some kind of sentimental bond with. Otherwise it is just a series of let's fluster the "dalaga". The spouses almost always openly speculate my social life as party conversation in terms borderline inappropriate coming from people WITH spouses. By night's end I'd have a "respectably" married man dry humping my Doc Martens or my True Religions as their wife's friends laugh and look on. I "forget" to bring gifts. I just eat the lechon and kare-kare.