Sunday, December 26, 2010

the morning after the cheers


it's just my husband and me for all the holiday merriment. do i say that every year? i'll read back the pages later.

that's our tradition. with christmas telly in the background, he cooks dinner, i clean the kitchen. he drinks the wine, i pour my glass-full in the sink, wasting money in the time of recession. we open our presents. now what is christmas without opening the presents? i got my flattering full length mirror yesterday. it's very respectful towards its subjects, doesn't make me look as fat as i feel or as all the photographs suggest.

as i peer through all the conventional christmas dinner party pictures, with all the fancy trimmings, feastive food and family, or to us in the diaspora, the community, the circle of friends, i prefer my tradition. for my reclusive spirit and the sensitivity chip, it's a lot less scathing, a little more to my tune.

No comments: