Saturday, November 24, 2007

jabbers and stuff


my husband says my paragraphs are too winded. whatever the crap he means. nah, what he's driving at, is that i beat around the bush. the words are long. the sentences are convoluted. but to quote my dearest one, "i don't care." i get cranky. my bakya side surfaces frequently in these pages and my paragraphs are replete with personal pronouns. but as some colleagues love to potter around their garden, or cook with a passion and view me as a kitchen cipher (i can concoct dishes, mind you), i get to express myself in writing. one of my saving graces from all the audacity i'm flooded with far away from the homeland.

bumping into one of the ladies in dark blue at work, she revealed she doesn't waste her pennies on paid publications, i. e. magazines, tabloids, broadsheets, the likes. after tearing the new yorker to smithereens and brandishing IQ scores, she catapulted herself to a level so high i could never ever reach. she's one interesting person actually. seeing through the haughtiness, she speaks with sense and there's a hidden kindness not apparent from the fairweathers.

speaking of magazines, i used to collect a weekly mag in my early teens, in addition to one national broadsheet. i've restructured over the years but my stash are still tons compared to my contemporaries. like my mom, i always look for things to read when in someone else's living room. my compilation poses a problem when i hurl myself to a new abode due to the weight. but it's fascinating to travel back in time, only through the print possessions and the clippings, which i also file in boxes and envelopes.

carrie's entryway, or a mere bookshelf for mags alone would be joyous. but i don't have the latitude at this junction, our books are still on the floor. not to mention, i'd rather have a wooden structure for all the CD's i've stepped on accidentally. the repositories i've assembled would do for the mags for now.

the web is taking over the functions of tv at this point. people are uploading shows, and all i do is download. if i don't like a scene i just forward it or forward the whole show altogether and watch only the scenes i like. same with recorded television, and the dvd's with the selected scenes features. as i would be awaiting dvd's from home, hopefully philpost would not turn into a real ligaw liham.

No comments: