Sunday, May 27, 2007

the writing files


i've discovered something incomprehensible recently. as i was very weak the last five months plus there was that time as well when Gilmore Girls ruined my internet connection, i've lost all my writing drafts which were composed as far back as ten years ago.

back in the days when floppy disks were all the rage, i didn't back up. with the advent of new technology (memory sticks, et al), i still didn't start backing up. i don't have a clue what has gotten into me, it's not as if i have in my possession the hard copies of my work, no matter how mediocre the texts were and still are. i have few of the published copies. still that was not very conscientious on my part. as i fancy myself a homebody, i don't navigate from one Gatsby scene to the next. raving parties are not for me. it's too claustrophobic. so since i don't go out much i should have done this chore of transferring and saving files. however i'm not too hard on myself anymore. that's only minor compared to the rest of my predicaments.

No comments: