Tuesday, September 26, 2006

crash and pain

our pc crashed last week. as i was in the midst of constructing something academic. i was almost reduced to tears. well, almost, as the tears fell last night when the pain in my hands were so severe that i couldn't open our front door for two hours and i was left outside our flat lumbering at three in the morning. the other half was at work, dealing with blood and more blood, in a scathingly distressing liver unit.

i could have asked the neighbors upstairs for help but it was three in the morning on a monday night. there seems to be some mysterious underpinnings on the type of work those girls do. i don't ask questions. i don't even know their names. very miranda hobbes. but it was cold. i don't thrive in the cold. my hands gets castigated in temperatures below 10 degrees.

it took more than two hours but my knight as always, came to my rescue. he left his unit amid call bells buzzing and cvp lines pulling and let me in. we don't live just next door from work, it's actually a thousand miles. it was sweet from my babe.

my hands are still sore. ugly and sore. i'm late on that academic paper. my life isn't even organized for flying home next week. i also have to go through portsmouth at white hart lane on sunday. for the non-fan, that's tottenham hotpurs' next match. it would be nice to see sol campbell up close. after that, the paved road to formality for a ring on the finger. but right now, i need to get this so-called academic thing out of the way.

No comments: